Twinkle, Twinkle...

Last time I posted, I rather cruelly taunted you with a tiny glimpse of my latest little project...


Can you just see it sneaking in at the very bottom there?  Well, I’m glad to say this time, I’m here to show you much more.

I can barely claim any creative credit for this one.  The pattern is Grandma Twinkle from the clever Michelle at The Royal Sisters, and not for the first time, I’ve taken a massive dose of inspiration from fabulous Lucy at Attic24.  Look at her darling Advent Stars here and here.  Gorgeous!

I used Rico Creative Cotton leftover from my stripy Colour-Burst Bag to make them.  I love the colours of that yarn so much.  


I didn’t need another advent calendar, (I already have three out this year - and that’s not all of ‘em either!) so I decided on a garland.  I’ve been pondering the idea of this for a little while, a garland with lots of dingly dangly bits hanging on.  The Christmassy stars garland seemed the ideal opportunity.


I’ve added a few pom-poms, using my wonderful new Clover pom-pom makers.  Have you seen these?  They are very cool.  I must admit to being a big fan of the primitive ‘two-bits-of-cardboard’ technique myself, but if you have quite a few to make, these clever gadgets are the only way to travel.


It needed something else, so Attic24 to the rescue again.  This time, I used Lucy’s Tiny Teeny Hearts pattern.  These little hearts are adorable and only take about two seconds to make.  I used them to make my Falling Rain window dressing thingy and thought they’d be great here too.


Ooh, I’m loving the dangly! 



I’m calling this one the ‘Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Star garland’ Let’s have a better look at the whole thing shall we?




As you can see, I’ve left a lot of ends trailing down too on this one.  I quite like the look, I find it kind of fits.  What do you think?

My Little One was most intrigued by these colourful happenings and immediately wanted in on the action.   Of course, I was happy to oblige and with Madam’s hand-picked colour choices, these “Twinkle, Twinkle, Baby Star hangers’ came into being.




I quite like this style too, they look very cute hanging up in her room, I may have to make myself some colourful ones to hang around too.

I’m going to pop off now and have a nice relaxing, warming bath now and will leave you with this final picture of my mantle, all dressed for Christmas, garland, ivy, stockings and all...




S x

Comments

  1. Ooooooh that's weird, I made a big stack of these last friday night. Had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with them, and they have stayed a pile since then! I love what you have done, so bright and cheerful....just what I need at the mo!

    Have a lovely Thursday!

    Vanessa

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clover pompom maker. my boyfriend made about 100 pompoms with it, in just a few evening. (he was going a bit overboard really, all i wanted was some red and white pompoms for christmas decorations)

    I adore the garland, it looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colourful star garland. The pom poms and hearts add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little Twinkle, Twinkle baby star hangers they are lovely and so is the garland. I think all the dangly bits of thread add to the loveliness. A good job very well done I'd say :O)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, the garland and your festive fireplace :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I tried to follow Lucy's pattern for little hearts too, but mine didn't come out beautifully like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... stunning little garland! I haven't tried the hearts pattern yet, but I will now...where's my hook?...... :)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your mantle looks so bright and full of christmas cheer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your garland looks brilliant! In fact the last photo makes me very happy, it looks so welcoming! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful mantel, love all your christmassy decorations the garland just finishes it off nicely xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally and completely adoring your mantle and the gorgeous crochet you made for it! You have such a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨. *
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ **
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***o***
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
    ¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
    ¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
    ¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
    ¨******o*****♥**o***
    ****o***♥**o***o***♥ *
    ¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
    ¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨

    nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I am a new blogger and just finding my way around - I just have to let you know how absolutely gorgeous your site is, and it is an inspiration for me. Just stunning! I don't yet have the time, but I hope shortly to be doing little projects although no way will they ever be as stunning as yours!

    Thank you for brightening my day!

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete