They're Multiplying

I've finished all my homemade gifts now and this little one here is the last.

I came up with this idea when I wanted a case for my new phone, mine is the deer one.  My sister has hinted that something similar would be a welcome now that she too has moved to the fifth edition of the iPhone.  What else can a loving sibling do, but oblige?  It is for Christmas after all.


As you may know if you've been reading a while, treading old ground is not my favourite thing to do, but in some cases it's no hardship at all.  Especially when it's a quick and fun project like this one.  Picking out the fabrics is probably one of my favourite bits.  It's such a lovely and relaxing way to spend some time.  Mulling over colours and trying fabrics next to each other.  Heaven.

Then there's the part where you see all the little patchwork squares come neatly (hopefully) together.  Did I get the colours right, are they spread out nicely with and getting on well with their neighbours?  
Yes, that part's rather fun too.

In fact, I think I can honestly say I enjoyed putting this one together just as much as I enjoyed making the first one.  It seems that sometimes once just isn't enough.

 I've been taking lots of photos of the process this time which, I'm happy to say, means that a tutorial is a coming!  I hope that'll be good news to you all.  A couple of people were kind enough to express an interest last time, so I thought it'll be silly not to make this second go around a bit of a photo opportunity.

It  probably won't appear until the New Year now I don't think, but it's definitely on the list and hopefully there will be a lot more of that sort of thing to share in 2013.  Plans are afoot, but more on that later....






In the meantime, I'll keep my eye on my sister and woe betide her if she doesn't stay on the 'nice' list.  I'm not sure  which of these two cases I like best and if she's 'naughty' I might have to be the beneficiary!


S x


Comments

  1. Those are just adorable!! :) Have a great day! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are brilliant. Love them both and will eagerly await the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pouches, you have a lucky sister. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky sister....and if she is naughty can I have the other one, please?! Yes please to a tutorial...I have a new phone too...but the 'other' brand! Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you were my sister :)
    These are so nice, cute & pretty
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. just commented, but it just disappeared :S
    Love these, what a sister you are
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love them, you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn cute! Looking forward to the tutorial. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh they are very sweet! mini patchwork yes please! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Not sure which one I like best either - they're both so pretty and perfect!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are just too sweet! Love them! Hope your dear ole sis stays "nice" or..... maybe turns "naughty" so you can have first dibs!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so pretty Sandra. Looking forward to seeing the tutorial in the new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ÇOK HARİKA İŞLER OLMUŞ ELLERİNİZE SAĞLIK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindos demais!!! Parabéns! Abraços,

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!! Love all the sweet prints! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these are so very cute. I can identify with what you say about picking out the fabric - sometimes that's more fun than the project itself. I love the photo with the fabrics all fanned out next to each other, and next photo too - that one little pink square with a leaf kind of pops out happily. And how nice that you hand-quilted these.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty, I'm sure they will be well received!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and Wendz are both putting me tpo shame, and at the same time prodding me to get on and MAKE SOMETHING for goodness' sake! These phone covers are beautiful, Sandra, lovely choice of fabrics. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful and a perfect xmas gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look great! I love the design and what an eye for picking fabrics you've got :) I wish I had a sister to make me pretty things like these! I look forward to reading the tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think if your sister's naughty you should give your readers first dibs ;)

    They're lovely Sandra, a tutorial would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so so happy that your putting together a tutorial. I was going to ask and now I don't have to! I am going to be getting my first ever cell phone (can you believe it I'm 31years old) and this is just perfect for me. I would like to know where do you get such wonderful fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colours you have chosen, and will certainly look forward to a tutorial. My phone needs one
    Judy

    ReplyDelete