Boho Pendants


 I managed to finish my heart dingle dangles in time for the romantic day and they are hanging, happily from my fireplace now.

Most cheerful and bright they look and if, on the rare occasion, the sun does land on them, they shine beautifully.  I threaded them together with a mish mash of beads from my collection.  A motley selection of dismantled jewelry, leftover craft sets and a pot of wooden beads I actually purchased many moons ago.  Making these pendants was a very happy task indeed.  Threading beads with very little thought to selection and then a heart and back to beads.  Super easy and satisfying.  I can recommend it.



I also whipped up a pendant for my scissors too.  I like to have something on them to make them a little easier to find when they fall to the bottom of the yarn basket and to try and help them stop getting lost.

I used crochet thread for this little heart and added an extra round with some seed beads on the outside for an extra touch.  I think it came out quite nicely and it makes me happy to see it sitting beside me while I crochet.  I look forward to snipping so that I can pick it up and dangle the beads around.  It also provides a handy place to stow the needle when not in use to, I find.

Happy little projects!





: : BOHO PENDANTS : :

Pattern: Boho Hearts
(For the slighter smaller hearts, I stopped after Round 3)
Yarn: Beregere de France Ideal
Hook: 3.5mm (USA E)


: : BOHO SCISSORS : :
Pattern: Boho Hearts
I made 2 hearts up to Round 3, then placed then together, back to back and used Round 4 to crochet them together.  I also added an additional round (same as Round 4), replacing each 1ch with a bead.
Yarn: Petra Crochet Cotton No 5
Hook: 2.2mm


You might also like to have a look at my Granny Heart Tutorial if you're looking for Valentines ideas...



S x





My posts, delivered to you...

      RSS      Feedly      Bloglovin'      Email




Comments

  1. Your hearts make me smile a lot!!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them so much!!! So pretty, cheerful, colourful, happy, lovely!
    Maria (Dinki Dots) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Sandra! So happy for these grey, endlessly wet days! Thank you so much for sharing. E x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just wonderful, Sandra! I love the way you have created pendants with beads. I also love your new scissors' decoration with the little beads around the heart! Such a good idea for finding one's scissors! A lovely posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is in the air!! Lots of love for your love hearts! What a good idea to make a pendent for your scissors, so pretty AND practical - a winner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look very lovely, I really like the Boho Pendants, might have to give these a go..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so pretty, just right to decorate for Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and inspiring post you have offered up this morning. I love the scissor's fob. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! So pretty! I would leave them up all year:)


    Jenn @JennsCraftyWorld

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all delightful - especially the little one for your scissors!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your beautiful hearts and I am going to add one to my scissors I'm always losing them- thank you for the amazing tutorial .
    http://sweetpeafamilyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/yarn-along-crochet-bits-and-bobs.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am inspired! I have some hearts and now I know exactly what to do with them, thank youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!! I love making hearts and need to start making some this year! I am a little behind! Have a lovely week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! What a great idea! They look so charming with the beads. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Between this and all the garlands in the latest Simply Crochet - I think our living room is finally going to get some pizazz this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dingly dangly hearts and the small pendant on the scissors is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly, woman, you gotta slow down with all these pretty, creative makes so I can catch up! ;-) I'm still swooning over the garland, and here you are, offering beads and baubles to the mix...lovely! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandra, you are just so inspiring! Where do you find the time my dear girl. I love these hearts and your granny hearts too.
    Thank you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandra, these are so sweet, love the one with the scissors and the beds..well done, such joy in your posts" :)
    Ox
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH MY WORD. You are so inspiring!!! I'd already bookmarked your boho hearts from the last post, but today I have no choice but to reblog the entire post. Love love love your style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, I give up - I can't figure out how to reblog to a wordpress blog from a blogspot one - maybe it can't be done :( I'll find a way to share this anyway - :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those hearts are lovely - your heart on the sissors is a stroke of genius, I can't tell you how long I spend faffing around trying to find them in the bottom of my basket. I really need to make one, thank you so much for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not sure which is cuter.....the hearts or their name....dingle dangle! The granny hearts are sweet as well. Thanks for sharing.

    Sheila

    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/02/knit-socks-on-straight-needles-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty and I think I might borrow from your idea for the scissor pendant because I am forever losing mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love these little hearts I have made a few based on your pattern and I am loving it. Your dangling hearts are just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just adore your Boho hearts. They could also make a fabulous door curtain for a teenaged girl's bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are heartachingly beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super Cute! I love that you didn't make the traditional garland (I'm getting a wee bit tired of those! *lol!* )

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't crochet or knit but I love these. Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I absolutely love these Sandra! The addition of the moss stitch border is genius, sooooo clever and so many possibilities for colour play....am going to try these this week xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thankyou so much for these gorgeous hearts Sandra!! They're just beautiful.

    I've just made the scissor keeper for a friend but I think I'll need to make another for me!

    Tinaspice

    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Tinaspice/boho-hearts

    ReplyDelete