A Stash Along?


Let's talk about stash baby!

If you've been watching my podcasts recently, you'll probably already know all about my ideas for being a little more considerate in how I curate my yarn collection this year.  

If you do watch the podcasts, you can probably skip this post but I know that won't be all of you, so I thought I'd talk about my plans here a little too...

#BetterOutThanStash
1st February to 8th March 2017

It all started when (for some strange reason) I took it into my head to find out how much yarn I bought last year, compared to how much I used up in my projects and once the figures were in, it did not make for good reading.  Essentially I managed to purchase twice the amount of yarn that I used! 

Now that might not be something that would alarm you much, but I have to say it was a little bit of a shock to me.  If I carry on at the same rate, with stash growing and growing faster that I will ever use it,  we'll need a separate house just to store to surplus.  And there's the rub for me, space.

I confess I've been finding more and more places to tuck that yarn away and really, I need to reign things in a little and re-claim my house from the overflowing yarn.  Add to that the fact that I really do want to use some of the beautiful skeins I bought in such excitement at some point and it all points to changing my ways, well, a bit a least. 

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

If so, you can keep on reading because I've come up with a bit of plan for my stash and maybe a way we can have fun while making best use of our beautiful yarn.... 




#BetterOutThanStash

My plan is have a 'Stash Along'.

I'm not sure that's really a thing but let's not let that stop us!

It's going to start on 1st February and it'll end on 8th March.

Here's how to join in...

To keep things very simple and as open and inclusive as possible, all you need to take part is use a minimum of 50g of yarn (or fiber) from your stash.  Simple.

You can use any weight of yarn and it can be a totally new project, or you can add to an existing wip.

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning a prize, you'll need to enter your project in the prize thread in my Ravelry group, Cherry Hearts Cozy Corner.  I'll be opening the prize thread nearer the time, but for now, pop along to the chatter thread for more information....

1st February to 8th March 2017

: :



I've also set myself some rather ambitious goals for my yarn buying this year and so I'm going to offer some bonus entries based on those ideas too.  Here's my own plans...

First, I want to use up more yarn than I buy in 2017!
This one is ambitious, but a girl can dream.

Second, I want to organise, sort, and refine my stash to make sure that I am only keeping yarn I love.
I'm going to tidy everything up, update my stash page on Ravelry and then, donate/sell/trade/gift any yarn that I'm not head over heels in love with any longer.

Third, I'm planning to buy no yarn at all until I go to Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March!
Partly because I like the idea of getting a nice jump start on the first goal and partly because I want to save my cash for some lovely treats at EYF.

So, as well as the main way to enter and win prizes above, you can also have some bonus entries that are linked to those goals.  These aren't at all necessary to take part, but if you're feeling inspired to join me on those, or set some goals that work for you that's great too.

Again, pop along to the Ravelry thread for all the details and 'rules' and I hope you'll share your plans and ideas for your stash and your stash busting projects...

1st February to 8th March 2017

And of course, if you'd like to use the hashtag #BetterOutThanStash to share elsewhere on the web, that would be awesome.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you make!






S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments